Friday, August 22, 2014

Create Your Own Personalized Web Browser In Two Minutes

Have you ever thought about having your own web browser?
“Dude, I will have to learn to code first.”
That’s what I heard when I asked my friends about it.
I just received an email from one of my readers, Chris Winston who has created an awesome application that he wants me to check out and I couldn’t resist myself to write about it.
So here I am just going to share with you an awesome tool to fulfill your wish to have your own web browser.
So are ready for the ride?
Okay now without wasting another moment in telling you a story or creating some suspense I would love to directly jump to the meat inside.
So the application we are talking about is named “Make My Browser” (isn’t the title interesting? Thanks to Chris)
makemybrowser
Make My Browser is a web app which makes it really simple for anyone who knows to click and type to create a browser.
The web browser it creates is based on the chromium browser which is an open source project by Google.
And yeah you guessed it right, the world’s most popular browser “Chrome” works on the same Chromium browser.
Every chrome extension which is built for Chrome will work on your customized browser too so you have nothing to worry about.
And I don’t think I need to tell you that it is the best and the fastest one available on earth till now.
So now before I start with the tutorial, let me just talk about one more thing.

Why would anyone need his/her own browser?

Two things to talk about,
1)      Privacy, after all you don’t want your family members to get hold of your personal information stored in your browser (cookies, history and stuff).
2)      The Feeling, that feeling of owning your own browser, having your own browser on your name. That is something to brag about among your friends who don’t know about Make My Browser.
So now I am done. (You know I try my best to directly jump to the tutorial, but I love to talk)
So here are the steps you need to follow in order to create your own personalized browser.
On the homepage you’ll see the start now button, click on it to start creating your own browser.
start now
On the next page you will need to give your browser a name and select an icon for it.
select name for browser
Any JPEG image will work, when you select the image it will be uploaded automatically and you’ll see a crop option below from where you need to cut out the icon. You can also see the preview on the right hand side to see how the icon will look like when completed.
On the next page you’ll be asked to set bookmarks for your browser and select the homepage.
add bookmark and homepage
You could set your own personal bookmarks, your Facebook profile or any other thing you want to add. You are the BOSS!
Then proceed to the next step, where you will be asked to select the theme for your browser.
select theme
Though the themes to choose from are quite less but they’ll work.
When you have selected the theme of your choice, click on “Finish and Download”.
There you have it, your download will start.
First the downloader will be downloaded which will then download the actual browser and install in on your system.
nishant browser setup

Over to you

So how does it feel having your own web browser?
Make sure to share your views on this post with me and for any of your queries I am there to help you.
And once again, Cheers to Chris for creating this awesome app.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment